Wednesday 6 November 2013

My Day with Dita

About 2 years ago I was on my way to work when I received a text message from one of my friends telling me she was in line to meet Dita Von Teese at the Urban Target on Chapel st and that I should join her. I was gutted, being the semi responsible person I was I couldn't skip out on my shift so I had to miss out on meeting one of the women I admired most. When I found out last week that Dita was in Melbourne again to relaunch her Von Follies range with Myer, well, there was no way in hell I was going to miss that. So armed with the info that she was going to be at Myer Bourke st to do a signing at 12:30 pm, I packed up my copy of her coffee table book, slipped on some seamed stockings and made my way into the city VERY early in the morning. Luckily for me I was accompanied by my dear friend Ilana Charnelle, the only lady I know who loves Dita almost as much as me. We started the day with a good breakfast and coffee at 5ive cafe on Degraves st, as we would be standing for most of the day we wanted to make sure our blood sugars levels were up, no fainting on Dita day.
 
 
 
 
 






We then made it over to Myer where they were just beginning to set up the line. We were 7th in line at just after 10am with not many people behind us.





Ilana looking adorable in her repro frock.
 
 
 


 
The lovely lady in front of us.
 
 
 
 
Who brought this amazing portrait of Dita for her to sign. Now I thought I was a big fan, I got nothing on this chick.
 



 
My Outfit
Dress: Trashy Diva
Bag: Gift
Gloves: Vintage
Brooch: Vintage
 
 

 
Me very happy that we are near the front of the line. About an hour later the crowd started to build.
 
 
 





 
The line started in front of Myer and then looped around as to be out of the way of pedestrians.
 
 

 
Later the lovely ladies from Beyond Andromeda Classic Styling joined us in the cue and kept us company. It was so wonderful to be able to chat to them about their range of Wheels & Dollbaby that they have in store. I had no idea you could purchase the brand in Melbourne, how very convenient.





 
How amazing does Juliett look in that green dress?
 
 
 
 
 



At around 12:15 the crowd was huge and the line for signings went all the way to Elizebether st. For those not familiar with Melbourne it means that the line was about a block long filled with women impeccably dressed.

 
 
 
 

 
 
12:30, getting excited for Dita!
 
 

 
Very Excited!!!
 
 

 
And then the crowd parted and she appeared, all 5"6 of her (in heels, she's tiny) in an amazing lingerie inspired dress with long lace gloves.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 










She then brought up the stunning models in the new range available at Myer, they look so amazing.



 
 
The next thing I knew it was time to meet Dita. The folks running the show told us that we could only get one signature and no personal messages, we also wrote our names on post notes to save time as there really was a lot of us. I was trying to think of what to say to her but I was completely fan girling.
 
 

 
 


Me being a total dweeb and starring.
 



 
All I can remember saying to her was how she was such and inspiration to me and has changed my life and how I see myself, after all she was the one who taught me to honor myself and dress in a manner that makes me feel beautiful. She was so sweet and was a little worried about my limping up the stairs ( my knee is still sprained), but so help me there was no way I was going to trip in front of her. She also signed my book and my postcard, spoilt rotten.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Unfortunately the lady taking the photos didn't get a photo of both Dita and I posing and looking nice for the camera which I was a little disappointed about. Then Ilana reminded me that I just met Dita Von Teese and I snapped out of my vanity bubble.
 
 
 
 
 
 My signed book.
 
 
 
 
 
 Later we went inside to check out the new range, Ilana being the wonderful friend she is took this photo so I would have a nice one with Dita and I both looking at the camera.
 





 Couldn't resist and cheeky selfie.
 
 
I must say the new range is truly stunning. When Von Follies was available at Target I pretty much purchased every pair of high waisted underwear from the range and they are the best knickers I have even worn. I was very much looking forward to adding to my collection until I noticed that Myer was not stocking anything over a size 14. Very strange I thought as I know that the new range is being made in larger sizes that are available overseas. After speaking to the staff at Myer I was assured that they will be stocking the full range of sizes, they are just waiting to release them with the new designs in January. I will keep you all updated as to when they are available. In mean time these are my favourites from the range, and for those who are blessed with a bottom smaller than mine, these designs are currently available online and in store.
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 









 
 
 
 
 
It was such a wonderful day and I'm very grateful to Dita Von Teese and Myer for allowing the fans to meet their idol, and Dita being such a sweetie she stayed an extra hour to try and get everyone signed. What a classy lady.
 
 
 
 
 
Until next time,
 
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Velvet Rosie
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment