Friday 25 October 2013

Armageddon

Last week I had to pleasure of going to the 2013 Armageddon Expo here in Melbourne. For those who aren't aware, Armageddon is a weekend in Melbourne where lovers of Sci Fi, comic books, Anime, tv and pop culture can come together to shop, dress up and meet some of the stars of their favourite programs. This year saw members of the Doctor Who cast, Supernatural and Red Dwarf come to Melbourne to give talks and meet the fans. Pippen from Lord of the Rings and Luna from Harry Potter was also in attendance. I wasn't really going to meet the celebrities as they didn't really interest me much, what I really wanted to see was the costumes, and boy I wasn't disappointed.


 
 Lee Loo Dalas from the Fifth Element
 
 

 
Victorian WonderWoman
 

 
DeadPool Army
 
 

 
 Ok a bit of back story behind this photo. I heard from out of no where a kid screaming "Mum! Mum it's Spider-man! Mum!" Then this kid grabs Spider-man and drags him to his mother and gets his picture taken. He couldn't get the grin off his face. So freaking adorable!
 

 
 Alien, with tote bag.
 

 
 Optimus Prime.
 
I also couldn't miss pass up the opportunity to get my geek on so I opted to dress as Poison Ivy based off the animated series. There was no way in hell I was going to squeeze my fat ass in a leotard so I opted to modify my Ava dress from Pinup Girl Clothing. I took me a lot of hand sewing (I even used nail polish to paint the seems of my stockings green and gaffa taped leaves to my shoes) but it finally all came together.
 
 

 
 Hair and Makeup before the wind got a hold of me.

 
 



With retro Joker



 
Fighting crime with Batman and Robin, they even brought the 1966 batmobile. THAT YOU CAN HIRE IN MELBOURNE!
 

 

 Old Biff from Back to the Future was there guarding the time travel machine.


 
 

 
 
 
Even if you don't think you're that into pop culture I would still recommend going to Armageddon, it's such an unique experience and the people involved are so lovely. I can't wait to go to Supernova next year for some more dress up fun.
 
 
Until next time,
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Velvet Rosie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment