Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Halloween Part I

When floating the idea of dressing up for Halloween with my friends I am often reminded that Halloween isn't "really a thing" here in Australia. Well since I work in a costume shop 80% of the time (the other 20% is spent wallowing in the fact that my degree is currently collecting dust and not being put to good use) I often forget that dressing up on October 31st isn't a priority. During the month of October my life becomes governed by all things bloody as I dress the populous of Melbourne who believe that dressing up on All Hallows Eve is really just the bees knees. Because of this I also turn into a zombie due to lack of sleep and extended working hours to try and dress the above mentioned populous, but lets not dwell on the negative and focus on the positive, shall we?
This years Halloween began with decorating the shop in lovely horror related gore, this task is always my favourite.


A start of a new Halloween season also means all the gory makeup products we get to play with. Since zombies and the undead are very In Vogue this year we have had to learn how to do basic special effect makeup to teach the kind folk of Melbourne. Warning, the next photos are gory.





I also got to play with the new line of vampire teeth. Didn't really get that sultry undead look down pat, I guess I'll have to kiss that dream of being an extra on True Blood goodbye.
This time of year also means I have an excuse to wear spooky theme attire which gave me the perfect excuse to buy the new Monster print skirt from Pinup Girl Clothing.

Having been a fan of Pinup Girl Clothing for many years I am always blown away by their new collection in Autumn, they seem to raise the bar each year which always leads me to sticking my hand into my wallet and parting with all my coin. This skirt was no exception, as soon as I saw it I had to have it. The print is amazing and bright featuring all the classic horror villains in cute cartoon form. The only downside to skirt was that I found the fit a bit off due to the large band at the top. I think this might be due to my waist to hip ratio rather than a design fault from the manufacturer. I would definitely recommend the skirt for all those looking for some extra spook this October.
Well that's all for now folks, stay tuned for Part II of my Halloween update where I'll be looking at last years costumes and what I have come up with for this year.
Happy Halloween!
Until next time,
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Velvet Rosie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment