Saturday 28 December 2013

Christmas in Darwin

Having just got back from my 4 day world wind trip to Darwin I thought I would share with you what I got up to during my Christmas break. I had a lovely time with family and eating my body weight in Pavlova and prawns. I also got some quality kitty time in as my brother had his girlfriend's cat Minchin staying with us so many pats were given and many photos were taken.



 
Working on the 23rd before getting on a plane that night.





 
 Arriving in Tropical Darwin and marvelling in the tree that was decorated with my brothers cigar tubes
 
 
 
 


 On our way to do some last minute Christmas shopping. It was the wet season at Christmas so driving in the crazy rain was a constant occurrence.






 Minchin helping me wrap.






 
 Reading my mums copy of Advanced Style that I got her for Christmas last year.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 Minchin staying cool in the heat.
 
 
 
 


 Christmas morning and Minchin being amused by tinsel. Apparently he ate some as it was found a day later in his litter box. Weirdo.




 
My Christmas score including nearly 50 Spider-man comic books, Spider-man chronicles and the Carnage collection as well as a vintage hat and some Rita Hayworth films. Spoilt rotten I was.
 
 
 


Drinking Pauls Iced Coffee which you can only buy in the Territory. It is the best Iced Coffee (or Scoffee if you're a local) and I hate that I can only have it in Darwin.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Minchin reading comics with me.
 
 
 
 

 
Sewing skirts with my mum, her cat also insisted on helping.
 
 
 
 

Playing Spider-man Operation with my brother. After the first round we concluded it was too easy so with decided to make it harder by introducing alcohol to the game. After 3 rounds I won but standing became difficult. I guess this was what it was like for Hawkeye Pierce on MASH.
 
 
 
Well, that's all from me folks. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas as much as I did.
 
 
Until next time,
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Velvet Rosie.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment