Saturday 7 December 2013

Clowning around in Pinup Girl Clothing

Greetings and salutations,
Sorry for the lack of posting last week loyal followers, I really don't have much of an excuse except for the fact that every time I went to take some outfit photos my neighbour next to me could see into my lounge room from his bathroom window. He just happened to be in the shower during my last 2 attempts at photographing my posts which is why is decided to just call it quits. However it seems we had conflicting bathing/photographing taking schedules this week which has allowed me to present a fresh outfit post.

During the past week I went a little crazy with online shopping on Pinup Girl Clothing. First there was a 20% off sale to celebrate their new website (where I brought the skirt featured below) then there was 30% off the same week for Black Friday. And then on Monday another 24 hour 20% off sale where I managed to grab the Mint Vamp top. So my poor account balance has taken a mighty beating but hey, I will look fabulous.







 
Outfit:
Jenny Skirt in Harlequin from Pinup Girl Clothing
Vamp Top in Black from Pinup Girl Clothing
Red Cardigan from Target
Tea Brooch was a gift.
 
 
 The first of my orders arrived this week which contained this lovely Harlequin print skirt. I fell for the print when they released it earlier this year and snapped up the Jenny dress in the print. After wearing it to death I thought it was time to introduce the skirt to my wardrobe to give the dress a rest.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 This skirt is gathered at the waist with a very fully circle skirt giving you the perfect opportunity to spin around in, or if you're like me, have it blown up around your ears during gale force winds.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 The skirt I found did run a little bit large and kept sliding down my waist a bit, next time I think I will size down to avoid this occurring again. Or eat more frozen yogurt so my waist expands to fit the skirt correctly, what ever is easiest.
 
 
 


Such a stunning print. If you're not a fan of the white Pinup Girl is releasing it in darker colourways in the new year.
 


 
This is one of my new favourite brooches given to me by my colleagues at the costume shop. I love a good swear word on cute novelties.





 
Having had for too much time on my hands I also attempted a beehive. I can't remember the last time I wore my hair like this but the volume was a welcome change from my 40's and 50's hair.
 
 
 
 
 
Well that's all from me folks, I'll be sure to share with you my other Pinup Girl goodies when they arrive. I also have another Tis the Season post coming soon featuring Trashy Diva.
 
Until next time,
Your friendly neighbourhood Red Velvet Rosie
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment